Sunday, December 04, 2005

Jeremiah Chapter Five

WEEK FIVE:

This is the day I created this blog.
Gary and Joann are at the table.

They ask, "So, have we dwindled to this? Just us?" I respond, "We have 52 weeks of this. We'll know who came, then."

I love getting up to study together in the word. I don't prepare anything but my life withChrist. Sometimes i'm especially ready. Sometimes someone else is. But the Word himself teaches us, every time.

Our study in Jeremiah is echoing in my week. I feel a burden for my nation and my heart is changing, grieving more deeply... That seems wrong, maybe, but it's in James...

Today's notes:
Ch. 5
Look for a godly person—I’d spare the nation on their account…
v.7 are kids a barometer? Or is he angry on their behalf?

We also referenced how they look to other nations
how they are like whores
like adulterous wives
their leaders are corrupt
and nobody pleads the cause of thepoor and the fatherless...

pleading for the fatherless? What a word to the 'hood...

No comments: